Can you believe that rebounding is healthier than jogging? Can you believe that you could potentially burn more calories when you jump on a trampoline than when you take to the road and jog? Tu’s true!
Rebounders — those who jump on trampolines — say that using an in-ground or above ground trampoline for your workout is just as healthy — maybe more — than jogging or running!
Why is rebounding considered healthier?
- It’s fun and doesn’t feel like exercise
- You can burn as many calories rebounding in ten minutes than you can on a thirty minute jog
- You won’t risk injury
Rebounding Is Healthier Than Jogging
Proponents of rebounding have realized many things while they’re on the trampoline that they may not have realized before. Your medical professional may even recommend a rebounding workout if you’re suffering knee or hip injuries.
Here are some healthy reasons for rebounding
- Running and jogging on hard surfaces is jarring to your joints and bones
- Your knees won’t risk injury on a trampoline because you’re landing on a soft surface
- Your lymphatic system benefits from rebounding
- You burn more calories in a shorter time
- Rebounding helps with balance and coordination and that is useful as we age
When you jump on a trampoline you’re landing on an unsteady surface and those causes more of your core muscles to engage to help keep your balance and keep you upright. Astronauts use trampolines when they return from space and the zero gravity environment to ease their muscles back into gravity.
Baby boomers and seniors or anyone who has not been active can benefit from a rebounding workout without risk of injury. It’s a great way to ease back into activity and get in shape.
Contact us to find out about how to get your own inground trampoline.
When we talk with our customers one of the questions they always ask is how to be safe on a trampoline. In many cases, trampoline safety — whether an in-ground trampoline or an above ground trampoline — is all about common sense. When you’re jumping on a trampoline, you’re airborne and that is an exhilirating feeling — as long as you’re doing it safely!
Have you ever wondered why trampolines are so popular? Here are a few reasons:
- Everyone loves them
- They are relatively inexpensive
- You can exercise and have fun at the same time
- They are fun. Did we say that?
How To Be Safe On A Trampoline
If your children have been nagging you for a trampoline of their very own, you may just want to say “yes!” Why not? They’re fun. You can get in shape. Your children will enjoy themselves. If you get an in-ground trampoline it will blend in with its surroundings.
Before you get a trampoline, here are safety measures and rules of the house you should have firmly in place:
- Jumping must be supervised.
- No one should be doing back flips or somersaults
- Take off your jewelry — rings, earrings, bracelets — they could get caught and cause injury
- Go barefoot, wear socks or trampoline socks when on it. No shoes.
- Only one person at a time should be jumping. If you have a toddler who wants to jump, an adult can certainly get on with the toddler and hold his hands while he jumps. Remember, if people of vastly different weights jump together, the lighter person may get injured
Ways to make your in-ground or above ground trampoline safe
- Keep the jump mat clear of debris
- The springs should be fully covered
- The trampoline should not be placed near any overhead dangers — tree branches, the house
Make sure there is an adult present when children are jumping so the rules of the house are followed and no one gets hurt.
The question of how to buy a trampoline for your family doesn’t seem like it should take all that much thought, right? Wrong! This is an accessory and a place for fun and to get a workout that will be with you and your family for many, many years and you need to put time and thought into the decision.
How To Buy A Trampoline For Your Family
If you’ve ever jumped on a trampoline, you may think you’re an expert at it and that might translate to buying one as well. Not so fast!
- Take your time making your decision. Talk with us and ask us our advice based on your family size, the size of your yard, how many people will be using it, the ages and the fitness level of those who want to use an in-ground trampoline to get in shape. There are many, many things to consider.
- Try them out. Take a jump on a few trampolines to see what type you like, and what type you may not like. The shape, the style the bounce of the jump mat and the springs all play a role in the quality and workmanship of the trampoline.
- What accessories will you want? There are many accessories for trampolines and you will want to ask your in-ground trampoline supplier which he recommends. You will also want to invest in accessories that are specifically suited to the trampoline you’re buying. You never want to “retrofit” an accessory because you could risk damaging your trampoline or even risk injury if the accessory isn’t made for your trampoline.
- Will you need assistance setting it up? Can you set it up on your own? This is something to ask the in-ground and above ground trampoline supplier with whom you’re working. You also need to follow all the instructions to a “t” to prevent any accidents from happening once the trampoline is in use.
Once the trampoline is in place, you need to make certain your children know the rules of the trampoline and those should include:
- Not wearing shoes on it
- Not jumping with more than one person at a time
- Not jumping when there is no adult supervision
- Not doing back flips
- If you have an above ground trampoline, no one should jump from the jump mat to the ground. Use a ladder or lower yourself off the side.
Give us a call when you’re ready to buy your Made in the USA in-ground or above ground trampoline.