We have a trick question for you. Will you burn more calories rebounding on a trampoline than you will jogging? Not such a trick question because you can! If you have ever wondered, is rebounding healthier than jogging? We can tell you it is. The main reason is that when you’re on a trampoline you are landing on a soft surface and when you jog you are pounding the pavement — literally — and that can lead to hip and joint pain.
Here are some fun in-ground and above ground trampoline facts:
- It only takes ten minutes of rebounding to burn as many calories as you would on a thirty minute jog!
- Fitness classes are featuring trampoline exercises as a way to offer healthy activities without risk of injury
- When you are jumping on a trampoline it never feels like exercise!
Is Rebounding Healthier Than Jogging?
Here are 5 reasons to choose to use a trampoline to get fit and healthy
- When you jump on a trampoline you won’t cause your knees or hips any injury
- You not only get a great workout, you strengthen your lymphatic system and that makes you healthier
- You burn more calories in a shorter time
- You enhance your balance and coordination and that’s ideal as we age
- Wouldn’t you rather get fit in a way that doesn’t feel like work!?
Baby Boomers looking for a way to get into an exercise routine — especially if you’re gaining weight because you’ve been inactive, a trampoline is a way to to just that. Talk with your doctor and let him or her know this is how you are going to get fit — we bet your doc will agree it’s a great idea!
Call us if you have any questions about trampolines — inground or above ground — give us a call! We can answer any other questions you have about a trampoline purchase — inground or above ground.