We have tips for caring for a trampoline because whether you buy an inground or an above-ground trampoline you want to protect your investment in the trampoline and in the fun you have on it for as long as you can. Proper trampoline maintenance and care is important to protect it and also for safety reasons. Taking care of the trampoline will keep it safe for everyone who uses it.
The number one way to “protect” your investment is to ensure you’re investing in a trampoline that is of the highest quality.
Tips For Caring For A Trampoline
Here are basic trampoline care tips.
- Don’t jump on it if you’re wearing jewelry, belts or earrings. (In fact, wearing earrings, if you land on your head or ears could lead to an ear injury if the earring gets caught in the mat) Sharp objects can damage the jump surface.
- Don’t wear shoes. Either go barefoot or buy shoes designed for rebounding. If you jump barefoot you will be able to reap the benefits of rebounding.
- Clean the mat regularly. Clean off any debris. Clean the mat itself with warm soapy water. Rinse it well. Use a mat cover to protect it between use.
- If you have an above-ground trampoline, make certain it is set up on the level and flat ground. This will prevent it from tipping over.
- If possible, put your trampoline in a shaded area BUT make certain there are no overhanging obstacles that could cause injury (a roof overhang or tree branches) You can also use a UV protector on the jump mat to keep it from becoming brittle.
- Before the season is over for your jumping, winterize the trampoline. If possible dismantle your above-ground trampoline. If you can’t, then you need to ensure there is no snow build-up that can damage the mat. Clear snow off your inground mat as well. You will want to remove the net from both styles of trampolines. Snow on the mat will keep the mat wet and stretch it out and lead to mold buildup.
It’s not difficult to care for a trampoline, but it certainly is something you need to do on a regular basis to ensure its safety and longevity.
Call us if you have any questions about trampolines — inground or above ground — we can answer any questions you have about a trampoline purchase.
If you’re thinking about getting an above ground or an inground trampoline this year, give us a call. Let’s talk about the best trampoline for you, your family and your budget.“Children learn through play and making it fun means they’ll have lots of practice developing skills. Whether you buy or borrow toys from your local toy library, they form an integral part in learning and a great way for families to spend time together.”