You’ve been thinking about adding something new and fun to your backyard and since you already have a swimming pool, why not add an in-ground or above ground trampoline? We have put together a list of 6 things to look for when buying a trampoline.
Some of these may seem like common sense, but if you have never purchased a trampoline before, you may not know what questions to ask or where to get started.
We are here to help!
6 Things To Look For When Buying A Trampoline
- Check out the weight the trampoline springs and mat can hold. Know who the heaviest person is who will use the trampoline and buy accordingly. If you don’t know this information you could invest in a trampoline that could get damaged, or not be as “springy” as you’d hoped.
- Where can you get replacement parts? If you buy online (which we don’t recommend unless you’re buying from an experienced trampoline company) where will the parts come from? If you’re buying a trampline that doesn’t have readily available parts when you need them, what will you do? Don’t let your investment go to waste, call us because we sell trampolines and any replacement parts.
- Buy an enclosure for the trampoline. Above ground and in-ground trampolines should have an enclosure to prevent anyone from falling off and getting hurt. Remember, though the enclosure isn’t meant to hold weight if you’re thinking of bouncing off of it — don’t.
- What safety features does the trampoline come with and what other ones should you invest in? You definitely want spring covers. These will prevent anyone from getting pinched by the springs and will also help keep your legs from falling through.
- Make sure you have the space large enough to accommodate the trampoline. You need not only the ground space, but the head space. Don’t put the trampoline by any overhead hazards like trees or overhangs on the house.
- If you are buying a trampoline that will be used by a child under the age of five, look for one that has handlebars for safety.
Call us if you have any questions about trampolines — inground or above ground — give us a call! We can answer any other questions you have about a trampoline purchase — inground or above ground.
If you’re thinking about getting an above ground or an inground trampoline this year, give us a call. Let’s talk about the best trampoline for you, your family and your budget.