As with anything you are going to purchase for your family, you need to do your research, homework and talk with friends and family to find out their thoughts on their trampoline purchase. We have put together a list of 7 things to look for when buying a trampoline. These items should be considered whether you’re buying an inground or an above-ground trampoline.
- Know how much weight the trampoline is rated for. Even though only one user should be on a trampoline at a time, knowing the weight load is important.
- Buy an enclosure at the same time you buy your trampoline. A trampoline enclosure should be considered a necessity, not a luxury purchase
- Make certain you have enough space in your yard for the trampoline. Measure the area where you want to place the trampoline — whether inground or above ground. The reason you need to find an ideal space for the trampoline is to ensure there are no overhead obstructions — trees, roof overhangs, etc.
7 Things To Look For When Buying A Trampoline
- Make note of the safety features that are built-in, or available for purchase with your trampoline. At a minimum, you want to ensure the springs are strong, that the jump mat is of high quality and that the padding to cover the springs is in place.
- Research the company from whom you’re buying the trampoline and research the particular model of the trampoline you’re purchasing.
- Check on the warranty. There will likely be warranties for the mat, the springs, the frame and more. Each warranty may be different and have specific exclusions — make sure you understand what they are.
- Buy a trampoline for which replacement parts are readily available for purchase if you need them.