Have your children been asking, “can we get a trampoline?” And now you’re at the point of starting to research whether you should get an in-ground or an above-ground trampoline, we have questions to ask to help you decide which type of trampoline to invest in. Here are the top five questions to ask before you buy a trampoline.
If you’ve been looking for a way to offer your children a fun place to play in the backyard and if you’ve been interested in rebounding as a way to get fit and healthy, an in-ground or above-ground trampoline is the way to go. A trampoline is an investment that you want to research well enough to ensure you’re getting the best trampoline for your family and for your money.
Here are five questions to ask before you buy a trampoline.
- How will the in-ground or above-ground trampoline fit in your yard – both physically and aesthetically? An in-ground trampoline blends seamlessly into the landscaping, but an above ground will be a visible piece of equipment.
- How large do we need? The jumping surface – jump mat – and the overall size of the trampoline need to be considered. While only one person should be on the trampoline at a time, if you have children who are close in weight, they may be able to jump at the same time, but in most instances, jumping should be solo. The spring size will also be a consideration depending on the weight of the heaviest person who will use the trampoline.
- Ask whether the trampoline you’re purchasing comes with safety accessories like the safety enclosure and spring pad covers. Invest in safety equipment if it doesn’t come as part of the package.
- Will I be able to put the trampoline together myself or will I need to hire a professional? Many trampolines – both in-ground and above ground are a DIY project but it will go easier and more quickly if you recruit some friends and family to help with the installation. The in-ground trampoline will, naturally, require excavation of the hole and that may require hiring heavy equipment to dig the hole.
- What kind of warranty does the company I’m purchasing from offer and is it separate from the trampoline itself? Warranties and guarantees should be part of your overall research. You will also want to buy from a trusted and reputable trampoline company to help ensure they will be around if you should need replacement parts in the future.
A trampoline is fun for the entire family and is a place to get in shape even if you’re going from couch potato to ease into activity. Rebounding doesn’t put any stress on your bones and joints and is a great way to strengthen your core muscles and which helps with overall balance.
Call us if you have any questions about trampolines — inground or above ground — we can answer any questions you have about a trampoline purchase.
If you’re thinking about getting an above ground or an inground trampoline this year, give us a call. Let’s talk about the best trampoline for you, your family and your budget.“Children learn through play and making it fun means they’ll have lots of practice developing skills. Whether you buy or borrow toys from your local toy library, they form an integral part in learning and a great way for families to spend time together”.