Is It Safe To Use A Trampoline If You’re Pregnant? It’s a question some people ask us and we defer them to their doctor as he or she is the person to contact for a sensitive question like that. What we have heard though that it isn’t a bad way for a pregnant woman to stay in shape — as long as there is NO high jumping.
Jumping on a trampoline provides many health benefits, but pregnancy changes the way in which you could — and should — use a trampoline. The main reasons for concern are that a woman who is pregnant has a different center of balance and could easily fall. If you were active prior to pregnancy, a low impact workout on a trampoline — inground or above ground — may be approved by your doctor.
Is It Safe To Use A Trampoline If You’re Pregnant?
Here are some of the concerns about using a trampoline if you’re pregnant.
- Your center of gravity is off
- If you fall on your belly you could injure yourself. Your body is built to adapt to carrying a baby and you should be safe, but there is no reason to take a chance.
If you use a trampoline here is what to consider.
- It’s best to stay active and a “workout” on a trampoline is safer than running or jogging on your joints
- Jumping on a trampoline helps your knees, hips and legs from the additional weight they are carrying
- You can do light bouncing. Don’t take to the air. But light bouncing is good for your circulation and activity is better than inactivity.
- Jog in place. When you jog on a trampoline, you’re softening the impact when you land and you’re also improving your balance
- Walk in place. If you get tired and achy from a walk around the neighborhood, a walking in place or walking the perimeter of the trampoline is a great way to get in shape — or stay in shape.
Talk with your doctor then find a trampoline that fits your lifestyle and yard space for the duration of your pregnancy and beyond. Rebounding is a great way to regain your shape and stay healthy once the baby is born.
Give us a call today or check out our website and let’s talk about the best type trampoline for your family’s needs!
If you have any questions about trampolines — inground or above ground — give us a call! We can answer any other questions you have about a trampoline purchase — inground or above ground.