Can you believe that rebounding is healthier than jogging? Can you believe that you could potentially burn more calories when you jump on a trampoline than when you take to the road and jog? Tu’s true!
Rebounders — those who jump on trampolines — say that using an in-ground or above ground trampoline for your workout is just as healthy — maybe more — than jogging or running!
Why is rebounding considered healthier?
- It’s fun and doesn’t feel like exercise
- You can burn as many calories rebounding in ten minutes than you can on a thirty minute jog
- You won’t risk injury
Rebounding Is Healthier Than Jogging
Proponents of rebounding have realized many things while they’re on the trampoline that they may not have realized before. Your medical professional may even recommend a rebounding workout if you’re suffering knee or hip injuries.
Here are some healthy reasons for rebounding
- Running and jogging on hard surfaces is jarring to your joints and bones
- Your knees won’t risk injury on a trampoline because you’re landing on a soft surface
- Your lymphatic system benefits from rebounding
- You burn more calories in a shorter time
- Rebounding helps with balance and coordination and that is useful as we age
When you jump on a trampoline you’re landing on an unsteady surface and those causes more of your core muscles to engage to help keep your balance and keep you upright. Astronauts use trampolines when they return from space and the zero gravity environment to ease their muscles back into gravity.
Baby boomers and seniors or anyone who has not been active can benefit from a rebounding workout without risk of injury. It’s a great way to ease back into activity and get in shape.
Contact us to find out about how to get your own inground trampoline.