The pandemic of 2020 helped see a surge in the purchases of inground and above-ground trampolines. The reasons vary but are usually because no one could leave the home, they are ideal for fun and exercise and it’s a great way to ensure everyone gets out of doors and just spends time together.
Both inground and above-ground trampolines are popular among adults and children. They are fun to jump on for everyone and are a great place for an adult to begin getting in shape. rebounding on a trampoline is a great way to get in shape in a way that won’t cause pain and injury to achy hips and joints. Rebounding also makes you happy — you’re weightless and seems like you’re flying through the air — what could be better!
Trampoline Safety: What You Need To Know
There is no denying that you could get injured on a trampoline, but truthfully you could also get injured riding a bike. The safety measures you have in place will help keep everyone safe on the inground or above ground trampoline. Younger children are most at risk of injury and that could be because they sometimes jump with other children who outweigh them and that can cause a “bumping into” injury.
‘Here are other potential injuries and how they could occur: Common injuries include:
- Boken bones because of a wrong landing
- Concussions because someone flipped or did a somersault (these should not be allowed!)
- Sprains and strains – could be because of going from sedentary to overly active. Ease yourself into it
- Bruises and cuts – if the springs aren’t properly covered
- Head and neck injuries – could occur if the jumpers bump into one another
Common sense and “house rules” need to be in place to keep everyone safe and they include:
- Only one person on the trampoline at a time
- Adult supervision at all times
- Ban somersaults
- Make certain the springs are covered and that the mat and padding are adequate
- Use a net around the trampoline, whether inground or above ground
If you have any questions about trampolines — inground or above ground — give us a call! We can answer any other questions you have about a trampoline purchase — inground or above ground.
If you’re thinking about getting an above ground or an inground trampoline this year, give us a call. Let’s talk about the best trampoline for you, your family and your budget.“Children learn through play and making it fun means they’ll have lots of practice developing skills. Whether you buy or borrow toys from your local toy library, they form an integral part in learning and a great way for families to spend time together”.