Are you spending a lot of time on your in-ground or above ground trampoline? Do you invite friends and family over for trampoline time and then maybe a cookout or party? If so, do you want to wow your guests with your trivia knowledge? We have 7 trampoline fun facts you can add to trivia night around the trampoline this summer!
7 Trampoline Fun Facts
- The largest trampoline is 63,000 square feet, is in Glasgow, and is several trampolines connected together? How big is your trampoline?
- Here’s a two-for-one trivia fact. The first trampoline was constructed in 1936 by George Nissen and Larry Griswold. Nissen rented a kangaroo to jump on the trampoline with him, in Central Park, to show people how a trampoline worked!
- In 2017 Lucas Laurent did 49 backflips on a trampoline in less than one minute! We don’t recommend doing backflips on your trampoline unless you’re being spotted by an expert and that you have training.
- Trampolines are safer than you may think! A study in the United Kingdom showed there are about 300 trampoline injuries — not 100,000 as is typically reported AND those injuries are usually cuts or sprains. Broken bones are uncommon. To prevent injuries, only one person at a time should be on the trampoline.
- Trampoline jumping aka rebounding is safer and healthier as a workout than jogging.
- Lost your balance? Jump on a trampoline and improve your stability and balance. Also, trampolining is healthy for individuals of any age.
- Bill Gates has a trampoline in his house. Now that you know that, and if you have your trampoline, you are in great company, right?
If you’ve been looking for a way to ease yourself back into good health and happiness, give us a call and let’s talk about the best trampoline for your family and your yard!