Do you need a trampoline cover? Probably not. It’s like asking if you need a swimming pool cover. You don’t necessarily need one, BUT it can protect the jump mat and keep it viable and safer for longer, so why not?
The In-Ground Trampoline experts at our company do believe a trampoline cover can help extend the life of the trampoline jump mat and can protect it and keep it cleaner.
When you invest in an above ground or an in ground trampoline, you should research and look into all of the accessories available for purchase and make the decision on what you need to, and want to, do to protect your new investment.
Do you need a trampoline cover?
There are many accessories you can buy when you get your trampoline and you may not have considered a trampoline cover. If you haven’t here are some reasons you should:
- Your trampoline is exposed to the elements all the time.
- It can get covered with dirt, debris and bird droppings
- It will be subjected to rain, freezing temps, unrelenting sun… all of this takes a toll.
- It will keep the jump mat cleaner.
- A cover will make it easier and quicker to use the trampoline because you won’t have to spend valuable jump time, cleaning the mat
Look for a trampoline cover that is:
- Weather proof — not weather resistant. A weather proof cover will protect the jump mat from the damage of UV rays
- Look for a cover that will cover the springs and protect them from the elements. Chances are the springs are already covered by spring protectors (and they should be) you will want to protect all of the elements of your trampoline. Buy a cover large enough to encompass the entire trampoline