If you’ve given into your children’s request for a trampoline or if you’ve been wanting one for yourself as a way to get more out of your workout, we offer tips on how to care for your trampoline. Caring for your trampoline properly will help not only protect the investment but will keep it safe for everyone, every time they use it.
How To Care For Your Trampoline
Here are tips to keep your trampoline, and those who use it safe:
- Don’t use any harsh cleaning solutions to clean the jump mat. Ask us how to safely clean it.
- Don’t let your children play under the trampoline.
- Don’t let children play with or climb on the springs
- Keep your dogs and cats off the trampoline
- Cover the jump mat when it’s not in use. It will protect it from damage and sun exposure
- Assure the springs are covered with safety devices to prevent injury
- Buy your trampoline — whether inground or above ground — from a reputable trampoline seller who sells high quality equipment and stands behind his or her product
Is there anything you can do to make rebounding safer?
- Only one person at a time should be jumping on the trampoline
- No back or front flips
- Make sure there is nothing under the jump area if you have an above ground trampoline
- Make sure no one jumps from the trampoline to the ground when getting off
- Give the area above the trampoline a good look to make sure there is nothing that someone using the trampoline could jump up and hit his or her head on
- Take your shoes and jewelry off when rebounding
Many times it is common sense that will keep your trampoline in good shape and keep everyone who uses it from harm.