As the days continue forward with many of us across the country in a coronavirus quarantine holding pattern, it may be getting more difficult to entertain the children, right? Why not plan a weekday picnic. You have to eat lunch so why not make it an event?
Let the family know that today is going to be a special day because lunch will be eaten in the backyard by the above ground trampoline. The trampoline can factor into the event because it can be used for shade, you could drape a blanket over it to make it a tent and eat your lunch together in your “fort.”
Children are getting as bored with being cooped up and likely being separated from their friends other than their Facetime and Zoom chats. An outdoor lunch may not seem like a big deal to you, but it could be a big event for them. Imagine, too that making these times special will go a long way toward making the quarantine a time of family bonding and memory building.
Plan A Weekday Picnic
Get the whole family involved in the picnic by offering up these special getting-ready tasks:
- Put blankets and pillows down on the ground under the above ground trampoline.
- Drape blankets on the sides to shelter you from the sun.
- Let everyone make his or her own lunch. It may not seem like a big deal, but let your children eat what they want — PBJ, apples, crackers and cheese, leftovers… it’s one meal — let them use their imagination.
- Pack the food in a picnic basket to make it even more of an event.
- If you’re planning far enough in advance, why not make a special dessert or a watermelon boat or other treat for everyone to enjoy.
- Squeeze some fresh lemonade as a special treat or even let everyone make a milkshake for lunch!
- Enjoy lunch together.
- At the end of the meal, have everyone write a small note about what they loved the best about the picnic. Take those notes and put them in an envelope to read together later.
- Now… you knew it was coming! Have some fun on the trampoline. Everyone can probably take a half an hour or an hour to not only enjoy a lunch together, but a little time on the trampoline together.
Check out our website and/or give us a call and let’s talk about the best type trampoline for your family’s needs!
If you have any questions about trampolines — inground or above ground — give us a call! We can answer any other questions you have about a trampoline purchase — inground or above ground.
If you’re thinking about getting an above ground or an inground trampoline this year, give us a call. Let’s talk about the best trampoline for you, your family and your budget.