There are pros and cons of backyard trampolines just as there are pros and cons for backyard swingsets and swimming pools. The cons of all of these items can be addressed by the adults in the household having measures in place to assure that anyone and everyone who uses a trampoline, swingset or swimming pool understand.
When it comes to the pros of a trampoline — both above ground trampoline styles and inground trampolines, here are the ones that come immediately to mind:
- They’re fun!
- You can get in shape in a no impact way on a trampoline
- Trampolines are able to be used by anyone in the family–regardless of age
- They help children develop coordination
- They help older family members with balance
Pros And Cons Of Backyard Trampolines
What are some cons of a trampoline?
- You can get injured if you don’t have rules in place
- Your homeowner’s insurance rates may increase
- You may be required to install fencing (but that certainly isn’t a bad thing!)
Whether you invest in an above ground or an inground trampoline you want to buy from a dealer who sells high quality, made in the USA components. You also want to work with a company who can give you insights and offer advice on the best trampoline for your family. Don’t just go online and click “buy” on a trampoline without understanding all about its components and the quality of the materials.
How can you keep everyone safe on your family trampoline?
- Institute a “only one person on at a time” rule
- No backflips
- Place the trampoline in an area where there are no overhead dangers — trees, roofs
- Have safety mats in place to prevent anyone from getting injured on the springs
- Check the jump mat before every trampoline session to assure it’s clean and there are no tears
If you’re thinking about getting an above ground or an inground trampoline this year, give us a call. Let’s talk about the best trampoline for you, your family and your budget.