While you may not get your children to make their bed or pick up their clothes from the floor, we bet they will want to clean the trampoline jump mat! Why? Because trampolines are fun! They also need care to keep the mat healthy and safe. We have put together this list of 7 reasons to clean the trampoline mat, and how.
You may think that because your in-ground or above ground trampoline are outdoors and get rained on, that it doesn’t need to be cleaned, but that would be a wrong thought. Because they are outdoors, they need to be cleaned because of dirt, debris, bird droppings and dust.
Clean the jump mat at least monthly — especially if you don’t have a mat cover and depending on where the trampoline is located. You don’t want sticks, twigs, pinecones or other debris to snag the jump mat and you don’t want to jump on it if there is debris.
7 Reasons To Clean The Trampoline Mat
Get ready to clean the jump mat this week, the make note on the calendar and clean it in a month
- As mentioned, clean the mat to remove debris. Do so carefully so the debris doesn’t snag the mat.
- Use a very soft bristle broom or brush and gently sweep off surface dirt and debris after you’ve picked off the larger pieces.
- Inspect the mat for any rips, snags or holes once you’ve cleaned off the debris. If there is damage, you may need to repair it before you use it. A small hole can become larger and someone could get hurt.
- Use mild dish soap and warm water and a sponge to clean the jump mat. Don’t use any cleaning product with harsh solvents because that could damage the mat’s fibers.
- Rinse the mat with a hose – no pressure washer – until the soap is gone and the water is clear.
- Try to clean the mat before it’s been exposed to the hot sun for the afternoon. Clean it before the sun gets too high in the sky or after it cools off.
- Declare the mat off limits until it’s completely dry. If anyone jumps on the trampoline on a wet mat can get injured because the mat will be slippery and unsafe for use.
If you’ve been looking for a way to amp up the fun in your backyard, consider installing an in-ground trampoline.
Call us if you have any questions about trampolines — inground or above ground — give us a call! We can answer any other questions you have about a trampoline purchase — inground or above ground.